Response: The path back to Union is different for each individual. However, the path back to Union, unfailingly, will be shown to the seeker who listens to his heart. If we are in a situation which causes suffering, then we can practice Awareness of that suffering which will let us know what our heart is trying to tell us. When we are listening to our heart, we may then find that we need to become detached from a situation, to let some sector of our being and ego die, in order to evolve on the path.
Aside from that, very powerful prescription as per the yogic tradition includes the following elements:
- Karma Yoga (Action with detactment from the fruit of your labor)
- Ahimsa (Non-Violence)
- Aparigraha (Non-Greed)
- Satya (Truthfulness)
- Brahmacharya (spiritual advancement by education and training. Some traditions associate Brahmacharya with celibacy.)
- Asteya (Non-Stealing)
- Saucha (Cleanliness of mind, body, emotions/spirit)
- Santosha (General feeling of contentment with all things)
- Tapas (Austerity, effort)
- Swadhyaya (Self-study)
- Ishwarapranidhana (Surrender to the Cosmic Will)
- Bhakti Yoga (Action with devotion to some higher concept of your choice)
Practice of these things are sure way to streamline one’s Union. Though, yoga is a science in the sense that we never ask for anyone to believe these things on blind faith. These prescriptions are to be taken as a hypothesis and then tested. It is up to you to do the work (remember the niyamas tapas and swadhyaya).
Om Tat Sat.